Diner Bar Stools
Our retro diner style bar stools have a vintage look that will give charm and character to any interior design scheme. These bar stools are meticulously designed to add individuality and ergonomics for every day comfort. Fashionable and comfortable, they are also built for rigorous commercial use and will last for decades.
Diner Bar Stools
Our classic retro bar stools can be found in restaurants, fine dining bistros, diners, cafes, bars and delicatessens as well as many other venues. They range from mid-century fashions to industrial designs. Many come fully upholstered with padded back and seats using commercial grade foam to provide a deluxe feel. Vinyl upholstery is a popular choice for retro style bar stools, but many other fabric options are also available. Many of these retro bar stools have swivel mechanisms as well.
Characteristics of Diner Bar Stools
Diner bar stools are designed to fit over a countertop and provide seating for patrons at a diner. These stools have been around since the 1950s and were originally designed to be placed in front of diners' tables. Today they are still popular and are commonly seen in retro themed locations and commonly have certain common aspects:
- Unique types of vinyl - Durable and long-lasting, vinyl is often used in furniture, and home decor. There are many different styles of vinyl and each style provides its own unique look. For the classic diner look we provide special vinyl choices that are made especially to evoke that unique diner look.
- Chrome-plated metal frames - A thin layer of chrome applied to steel creates a shiny surface that resists corrosion and tarnishing. The chrome plated metal frame are an integral part of the retro diner look.
- Upholstered backs/backless - If you take a look at old diner photographs you will see that most diner bar stools either had upholstered backs or were backless with a swivel mechanism.
- Night clubs - Offering a place to enjoy a fine evening out, night clubs invariably offer a place when comfort is paramount. Especially when you want to allow patrons to sit back and enjoy their drinks.
- Retro themed restaurants - Each restaurant and cusine type has interior design based on a theme. Be it urban, industrial, rustic or something else. Our retro bar stools are a perfet fit for retro restaurants that include a bar area and bar height tables.
- Coffee shops - Usually small and intimate, coffee shops often have bar hheight counters or bar tables along the windows to allow patrons a higher view point from where to enjoy their hot beverages in comfort.
Not Just for Diners
Retro bar stools are a great way to add character to an interior. The retor look commonly has padded seats or wide bucket seats which are fully upholstered on both the seat and back. The distinctive retro look and the comfortable design are a popular choice for a wide selection of locations:
We encourage you to check out the matching diner chairs and diner booths that we have to go with our bar stools. This will create a sense of balance and flow with your venue that will make a difference in boosting your establishment’s image. If you are worried about floor scratches that may occur, you will be glad to know that our retro bars stools will never harm your flooring as they come with protective floor glides.